Mother: Fortune Jordan
Birth: 1760, Northampton County, North Carolina
Birth Source: DOB is as stated by John Reavis in RW pension application. 1830 census age is listed as 60-69 (born 1761 to 1770).
Death: 6 Jul 1841, Davie County, North Carolina
Death Source: Davie County Estate Records and DOD from RW Pension Application
Spouse1: Prudence Ridings (undocumented)
- Betsy Reavis, m. Henry Atchison Garner
- Prudence Reavis, m. Thomas Lundy
- John Reavis, b. 1787
- David Reavis, b. c1797, m. Nancy Cain
- Nancy Reavis, b. c1792, m. John Pharr
- Jesse Reavis, b. c1795, m1 Alyse Cain; m2 Polly Beamon
- Samuel Reavis, b. c1800 m1 Nancy Wilkins; m2 Sally Cranfill
- Martha Reavis, b. c1801 m. unknown Brown
- Polly Reavis, b. c1805, m. Asa Reavis son of Joseph Reavis
- Temporance Reavis, b. 1809, m. Enoch Reavis son of Edward Reavis
- Joseph Reavis, b. c1810, m. Susie Masters
- Ruth Reavis
In the Surry County census of 1790, John Reavis is listed with 2 males under 16 years of age, 1 male over 16 and 1 female.
Edward Reavis and Sarah Gillam as published in The Reavis Family by Marie Reavis Hall. John Reavis who died in 1841 in Davie County stated in his RW pension statement that he was born in Northampton County NC in 1760. The 1760 date agrees with census data from most years which indicate a date of birth 1761 to 1770. It is far more likely that this John Reavis was the son of Jesse Reavis, Sr., son of Edward and Sarah Gillam Reavis.
1800 Census - Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina
1820 Census - Battalion 3 or Forks of the Yadkin, Rowan County, North Carolina
1830 Census - Rowan County, North Carolina
The Reavis Family