Asa Reeves, Jr.
Mother: Susannah Hidah
Birth: 17 Oct 1814, Kentucky
Birth Source: Family Bible
Death: 25 Dec 1897
Death Source: Headstone
Spouse1: Mary Eliza Hayden, m. 10 Sep 1837, Montgomery County, Indiana
- Alfred Robinson Reeve, b. 24 Nov 1838
- Joseph Reeve, b. 8 Aug 1840
- Daniel Webster Reeve, b. 1844
- William H. Reeve, b. c1846
- Olive Ann Reeve, b. c1850, m. Andrew Mealman
- Rebecca Reeve, b. 18 Mar 1852, m. Daniel Baldwin
- Syrena Alice Reeve, b. 1854, m. James M. Winchester
In 1840, Asa was living about four doors down from his brother Alfred, married, with two young sons under five.
His wife is listed as Eliza on the census records. Rebecca's death certificate gives her mother's name as Eliza Hayden.
Incorrectly listed as Lucy Reeves on the 1860 census.
Reeve GenForum from photocopy of the Hayden-Reeve Bible.
Transcription of Hayden-Reeve Bible entries
Marriage1: Indiana, Marriage Index, 1800-1941 (Ancestry)
Headstone, Prescott Cemetery, Prescott, Linn County, Kansas
Death: Headstone, Prescott Cemetery, Prescott, Linn County, Kansas
1840 Census: Montgomery County, Indiana
1850 Census: Peoria County, Illinois
1860 Census: Henry County, Illinois
1870 Census: Poweshiek County, Iowa (maybe)
1895 Kansas State Census - Sheridan, Linn County, Kansas