Mother: Bethenia Williams
Birth: 4 Aug 1840, Rich Hill, Lancaster County, South Carolina
Birth Source: Headstone, 1900 census
Death: 21 February 1917, Lancaster County, South Carolina
Death Source: Headstone, Death Certificate
Spouse1: William Ward Baskins
- William James Reeves Baskins, b. 26 Feb 1857, d. 24 Jun 1863
- John Thomas Baskins, b. 2 Jul 1858
- Infant Son Baskins, b. 11 Dec 1859, d. 13 Dec 1859
- Jefferson Davis C. Baskins, b. 1861
- Andrew E. Baskins, b. 16 Jun 1863
- William Ward Baskins, Jr., b. 24 Dec 1865
- Robert Lee Baskins, b. 16 Nov 1867
- Jane Elizabeth Baskins, b. 22 Feb 1868
- Sarah Baskins, b. 1870, d. 1881
- Mary Charlotte Baskins, b. 1871
- Dorcas Amanda Baskins, b. 10 Oct 1872
- James Grigsby Baskins, b. 7 Feb 1874
- Eula Bethen Baskins, b. 1876
- Amos Columbus Baskins, b. 1877
- Judson Baskins (This may be the infant son)
- Infant Son Baskins, b. 6 Jul 1880, d. 6 Jul 1880
Jonathan D. Johnson appointed guardian of Amy E. Reeves, child of James Reeves decd., on December 27, 1845. Record from January 1857 on the account for Amy E. Reeves, states that she is now wife of William W. Baskin (Lancaster County, SC Probate Records, Files and Loose Papers, 1732-1964, pkt 7494, 7440).
From descendant David Baskins:
"I am told that both William and Ella were formally educated and that he taught the school in that area. In those days, it was not uncommon for doctors to administer hat-forming drugs for pain. This probably was the way Ella became addicted to the drug which caused some of her children to be affected - mentally and physically. Those of her children who escaped the effects of her addiction married and had families, and some still live on the land James Baskin deeded to his son, William Ward Baskins. William died in 1894 and is buried in the Baskins cemetery in the Rich Hill Community. Ella died in 1917."
Listed as a member in the Fork Hill Church records: "Baskin, A. E."
William Ward Baskin(s) was born 1 March 1831 and died 16 February 1894.
Baskins Cemetery County, South Carolina
Death: Headstone, Baskins Cemetery County, South Carolina
Death Certificate, Ella Baskin, 1917
Census: 1850 Census - Lancaster County, SC
1900 Census - Lancaster County, SC
History: Lancaster County, SC Probate Records, Files and Loose Papers, 1732-1964, pkt 7440, 7494
1844 Will of James Reeves, Sr.
Birth - Husband: Headstone, Baskins Cemetery County, South Carolina
Death - Husband: Headstone, Baskins Cemetery County, South Carolina