Mother: Susannah Brack
Birth: 23 Jul 1796, North Carolina
Birth Source: Stated he was 44 years old in statement given for his mother's RW widow's pension in 1840 and location per 1850 census.
Death: before 1860, Carroll County, Arkansas
Death Source: Wife Sinai is a widow in 1860 census.
Spouse1: Sinai Swanner, b. c1801 North Carolina
- Elizabeth Reeves, b. c1820, m. R. L. Beddingfield
- Sarah "Sallie" Reeves, b. c1822, d. Sep 1851, m. George Ellis Gaddy c1839
- Mahala Reeves, b. c1824, m. James H. Myers c 1838
- Susannah Frances Reeves, b. c1827, d. 9 May 1894 in Carroll County AR; m. Redden Bryan Maddox on 19 Jul 1841 in Lincoln County TN
- William J. Reeves, b. c1837
Malachi and Sinai Reeves are recorded in Carrollton Township, Carroll County, Arkansas on the 1850 census. By the time the 1860 census was taken, Sinai Reeves (spelled Sinah by census taker) was a widow living in the household of her daughter Susannah Reeves Maddox in Carroll County.
1830 Census - Lincoln County, Tennessee
1840 Census - Lincoln County, Tennessee
1850 Census - Carroll County, Arkansas