Birth: bef 1726
Birth Source: Marriage Allegation
- Sarah Rives, b. c1753, m. Richard Hobbs
- Joseph Rives, b. c1754
- Elizabeth Rives, b. c1757
There is a marriage allegation for Joseph and Sarah dated 19 Oct 1752 and recorded in London and Surrey Bonds and Allegations:
- Appeared personally Joseph Rives of Stratford Langthorn in the Parish of Westham in the County of Essex aged upwards of twenty seven years and a Batchelor, and alledged that he intends to intermarry with Sarah Balch of the same placed aged upwards of twenty one years & a spinster.
The bond describes him as a "cutter" of Stratford Langthorn, West Ham.
The baptisms of their children are recorded in the West Ham, All Saints, Essex Parish Register:
- Sarah Rives Dr of Joseph & Saray (26 Aug 1753)
- Joseph Rives Son of Joseph & Saray (26 Dec 1754)
- Elizabeth Rives Dr of Joseph & Sarah (12 July 1758)
Either Joseph or his son Joseph would probably be the one buried at West Ham on 18 May 1781. There was a Sarah Rives buried at West Ham on 4 Dec 1767 and another on 14 Jan 1768. One of these was likely the wife of Joseph.
West Ham, All Saints, Essex Parish Register 1746-1799 D/P 256/1/3