Death: Jan 1714
Death Source: Probate & burial
Spouse1: Ann Stalham, m. 13 Oct 1681, Langford, St Giles, Essex
The Marriage Licence Bond for Andrew and Ann gives her name as Shillim, although the parish register states Stalham.
From Langford, St Giles, Essex Parish Register:
- Andrew Reeve of Tarling singleman and Anne Stalham of ye same Singlewoman were married Oct 13 1681 p license
- Peter Long yearly servant to Andrew Reeve of this Parish was buried in Woollen April ye 10th affidavit & certificate from ye vicar of Heighbridge April 11th 1702
- Anne ye wife of Andrew Reeve was buried May ye 7th affidavt made before Mr Alexr Lindsey vic de Toleshunt maj
- Andrew Reeve was buried Jan: 12th affidvt made before Mr Steph Newcomer vicr of Braintree (1713/4)
The parish register indicates Andrew was from Terling. He was apparently still of Terling in 1684/5, but had moved to Langford by late 1706. There is also an entry for a servant named Peter long who died in 1702 buried at Langford.
From Essex Archives:
- Calendar of Essex Assize File [ASS 35/125/1] 'Sessions' held at Chelmsford 3 March 1684: Presentment of Andrew Reeve and John Bigs of Terling, 10 June 35 Charles II and for a month following, had not been to curch. Proclamation made. Billavera. [ASS 35/125/1/30] (T/A 418/194/30)
- Sale: Jonathan Richard, of Langford, tanner to Andrew Reeve, of Langford, miller, Piece of ground part of `Long Croft', Langford (16 Sep 1706, D/DHt T157/4)
- Map of 'Mannor and Farm of Bargholts alias Inghams carefully surveyed for Mr. Andrew Reeve. By Edward Solme': 110 acres in south of Tolleshunt Major. Farmhouse and buildings drawn in perspective view. (1709, D/DBr P13)
- Bond to indemnify against claim of dower: Andrew Reeve of Lanford and Abraham Reeve of Maldon both millers, to James Warmaker of Little Waltham, yeoman, Out of messuage called Partitors in Little Waltham (29 Sep 1712, D/DQu 141)
In his will, written 28 Sep 1713, Andrew describes himself as of Langford, Essex and mentions son Abraham, John, and Samuel and a daughter Anne Sayer wife of Robert Sayer. He mentions lands he owned in Marks Tey, Little Tey, Aldham, Tolleshunt Beckingham, and Langford in Essex.
Essex Archives - Marriage Licence Bond - D/ALL 1681/56
Burial: Langford, St Giles, Essex Parish Register 1705-1783, D/P 356/1/2
1713 Will - Andrew Reeve - Commissary of Bishop of London, D/ABW 81/119
Essex Archives - T/A 418/194/30
Essex Archives - D/DHt T157/4
Essex Archives - D/DQu 141
Essex Archives - D/DBr P13