Death: cJan 1823
Death Source: Will Proved
- Benjamin Reeve
- Daniel Reeve
- William Reeve
- Simeon Reeve
- Silas Reeve
- Rhoda Reeve, m. Caleb Smith
- Hannah Reeve, m. Enoch Edwards
- Catharine Reeve, m. Stephen Meeker?
- Jerusha Reeve, m. Joseph Smith
- Sally Reeve, m. Samuel Durant?
- Polly Reeve, m. Elijah Durand
- Betsey Reeve, m. Benjamin Tensley
Benjamin's will denotes him as of the Township of Livingston, County of Essex and State of New Jersey.
- grandson Stephen Reeve, son of Daniel Reeve (under 21)
- granddaughter Harriet Reeve, daughter of Benjamin Reeve, Jr. (under 18)
- grandson Abner Reeve, son of Benjamin Reeve, Jr. (under 15 or under 21)
Daniel and Benjamin Jr. mentioned in the will appear to be children of this Benjamin. This could mean that two of Stephen's daughters married two of Benjmain's sons. Further research is needed to clarify this situation.
First Presbyterian Church, Springfield records contain the following entries:
- (marriage) Benjamin Reeve to Prussia Denman | Decr 15 1818
- (burial) Prussia wife of Benjm Reeve | typhoid fever | Octr 29th 1821
The will of Abby Denman, daughter of Stephen Denman above, names "my nephew and friend Abner D. Reeve" as her executor in 1850. This would seem to be the same one referred to as grandson Abner, son of Benjamin Jr. in Stephen Denman's will. However, Abner D. Reeves was born c1814 according to the census, which is four years before Benjamin Reeve and Prussia Denman were married. Further research is needed to clarify this.
1822 Will - Benjamin Reeve - Essex County, New Jersey Will Book C, p571
First Presbyterian Church, Springfield Baptisms, Births, Marriages, Deaths 1818-1843, p41 (Ancestry)
Essex County, New Jersey Will Book D (Typed Copy), p149