Mother: Sarah Bielby
Birth: 4 Jan 1842, Ontario, Canada
Birth Source: Headstone
Death: 2 May 1894, York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Death Source: Headstone
Spouse1: Sarah Theresa Bielby
- Annie Hutchison Reeve, b. c1868
- Mary Louisa Reeve, b. c1869
- Eleanor Mabel Reeve, b. 15 Dec 1870
- William Porteous Reeve, b. 29 Oct 1872
- Bertha Reeve, b. 28 Jul 1874
- Charles A. Reeve, b. 9 Jul 1876
- Frederick Arthur Reeve, b. 4 Feb 1878, m. Mary Pope
- Florence Edith Reeve, b. c1882, m. Franklin P. Hyde
- Clarence John Reeve, b. 29 Aug 1883
- John Reeve, b. 13 Feb 1885
- Grace Willoughby Reeve, b. 13 Feb 1885
Many of the above children are listed in Ontario Birth records. Others are listed on the census and marriage and death records provide further details.
There is a short biography contained in the Dictionary of Canadian Biography detailing his life as a lawyer, Justice of the Peace, and educator.
William is listed in the household of widow Sarah Reeve in the 1861 York, Toronto, Canada West Census. He is listed as a student, with birthplace Ontario. Sarah was born c1812 according to the census. We find her listed on later census records in Toronto as well. She matches Sarah Bielby Reeve, wife of William Reeve, who is buried with her husband in the Cummer Burial Grounds, Toronto, Ontario. Thus we conclude these were the parents of William Albert Reeve.
Death: Headstone, Saint James Cemetery, Toronto, Toronto Municipality, Ontario, Canada
Ontario, Canada, Deaths and Deaths Overseas, 1869-1947 (Ancestry)
1861 Census: York, Toronto, Canada West
1871 Census: Napanee, Lennox and Addington, Ontario, Canada
1881 Census: Napanee, Lennox and Addington, Ontario, Canada
G. Blaine Baker, “REEVE, WILLIAM ALBERT,” in Dictionary of Canadian Biography, vol. 12, University of Toronto/Université Laval, 2003–, accessed September 4, 2019, http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/reeve_william_albert_12E.html.