Mother: Matilda REEVES/Reed
Birth: c 1877
Birth Source: GRO Birth Index Entry in 1q 1877
Death Source: GRO Death Index 4q 1959
Spouse1: William Edward REEVES
Fanny Louisa Reeves was the
According to the Parish Register (book 1/15, page 445 entry 3554), she was baptised at The Parish Church of St Mary's Southampton on 20 January 1878.
She married her first cousin William Edward Reeves in Southampton in 1898. Her younger sister Annie was to marry Fanny's husband's younger brother George Henry Reeves eight years later.
Fanny and William had four known children
- Louisa Caroline Matilda Reeves born 1899
- Edward George Reeves born c 1901
- William Samuel Reeves born 1903
- Dora Blanche Reeves born July 1905
On the 1901 census, Fanny Louisa along with her husband and eldest two children are found in Battersea, London.
It is believed she returned to Hampshire around 1910, as her husband's job moved from London to Eastleigh.
Prior to her death in 1959, she lived in the village of Fair Oak, Hampshire.
(1) Oral family tradition, confirmed by the release of the 1911 census in 2012, indicated that Samuel and Matilda had thirteen children. However, prior to November 2016 the identities of only twelve children were known to family researchers. It transpires the missing child, now known to be Ellen Matilda Reeves, was their eldest. This has necessitated the renumbering the remaining 12 children.
Baptism: Register (1/15) of Baptisms for St Mary Parish, page 445 entry 3554 held at Southampton Civic Centre
Marriage: FreeBMD ~ha~ 1898, June quarter, Southampton Registration District
Death: FreeBMD 1959, December quarter, Winchester Registration District
1881 Census: RG11, Piece 1207, Folio 87 face, Page 26 and continued on Folio 87 reverse, Page 27
1891 Census: RG12, Piece 919, Folio 60 face, Page 13
1901 Census: RG13, Piece 0445, Folio 7 reverse, Page 6
1911 Census: RG14, Piece 5939, Registration District 99 (Southampton), Enumeration District 5, Schedule 291