Mother: Mary BROOKS
Birth: 21 Oct 1828
Birth Source: baptism entry at St Mary, Eling, Hampshire
Death: about Jan-Mar 1899 in New Forest Registration District
Death Source: GRO Death Index, 1899 March quarter
Marriage: 31 May 1848, at Marchwood, Hants. By Banns.
Name; age; condition; occupation; abode; father; father's occupation.
Israel Reeves; 20; batchelor; farmer; Marchwood; Samuel Reeves; farmer.
Lydia Broadshaw; full; spinster; -; Marchwood; William; butler.
Witnesses: Samuel Reeves & Eliza Reeves.
FreeBMD notes the marriage of Israel REEVE (sic) and Lydia BRADSHAW during the June quarter of 1848 in the New Forest Registration District.
The known children of Israel Reeves and his wife Lydia (nee Bradshaw) are
- Mary Ann Reeves, born 28 May 1849; b.reg. 3q1849; bapt.1 July 1849, Marchwood, Hants.
- Eliza Emily Reeves, born 4 Aug 1851; bapt. 7 Sept 1851, Marchwood, Hants.
- (H)ester Brooks Reeves, born 29 July 1853; bapt. 2 Oct 1853, Marchwood, Hants.
- Albina(h) Sarah Reeves, born 1 Aug 1856; b.reg. 3q1856; bapt. 7 Sept 1856, Marchwood, Hants.
- Ellen Jane Reeves, born 17 Oct 1858; b.reg. 4q1858; bapt. 21 Nov 1858, Marchwood, Hants.
- Louisa Lydia Reeves, b.reg. 3q1862; bapt. 5 Aug 1862; Marchwood, Hants.
The death of Israel Reeves, aged 70 is noted by FreeBMD during the March quarter of 1899 in the New Forest Registration District. He was buried on 23 March 1899, aged 70, at Marchwood, Hants. His wife Lydia was buried on 10 July 1894, aged 73, at Marchwood, Hants. There is a gravestone for himself and his wife in the churchyard of St. John's, Marchwood, Hants.
Marriage: FreeBMD 2q1848, New Forest Reg.Dist.
Death: FreeBMD 1q1899, New Forest Reg.Dist.
1841 Census - HO107, Piece 0399, Book 11, Folio 17 reverse, Page 15
1851 Census - HO107, Piece 1668, Folio 359 reverse, Page 25
1861 Census - RG9, Piece 0672, Folio 136 face, Page 13
1871 Census - RG10, Piece 1186, Folio 159 face, Page 9
1881 Census - RG11, Piece 1204, Folio 161 face, Page 9