Mother: Elizabeth Reeves nee Martin
Birth: before 21 August 1796
Birth Source: Baptism, Parish Register
Death: burial 19 September 1874, Marchwood, Hants.
Spouse1: Mary BROOKS
Samuel Reeves was baptised during August 1796 at the Parish Church of All Saints Fawley, the son of Israel Reeves (his mother's name was not recorded)'
Samuel married Mary BROOKS on 8 October 1819 at The Parish Church of All Saints, Fawley, Hampshire.
Samuel Reeves and Mary (nee Brooks) have
- Jane Reeves, bapt. October 1820
- Elizabeth Reeves, bapt. January 1822
- Mary Reeves, bapt. June 1824
- Ann Reeves, bapt. June 1824
- Esther Brooks Reeves aka Hester Brookes Reeves, bapt. December 1826
- Israel Reeves, born October 1828
- James Reeves, born October 1830
- Samuel Reeves, born July 1832
- Emily Reeves, born November 1834
- Sarah Reeves, born November 1836
- Ellen Reeves, born May 1839, b.reg. 2q 1839, bapt. June 1839 as Helen Reeves
- Louiza Reeves, born Jan 1843, b.reg. 1q 1843, bapt Feb 1843 as Louisa Reeves
Samuel was buried at Marchwood Hampshire on 19 September 1874, aged 80. The FreeBMD D.Reg. in 3q 1874 also records his age at death as 80. His widow Mary was buried at Marchwood on 20 Dec 1878, aged 82.
(1) The addition of son James Reeves increases the number of known children from eleven to twelve
Death: FreeBMB 3q1874 New Forest Registration District
1841 Census: HO107, Piece 0399, Book 11, Folio 17 reverse, Page 15 and continued Folio 18 face, Page 16
1851 Census: HO107, Piece 1668, Folio 459 reverse, Page 25
1861 Census: RG9, Piece 0672, Folio 143 face, Page 27
1871 Census: RG10, Piece 1186, Folio 141 reverse, Page 20