Birth: c1722, probably North Carolina
Birth Source: 1751 Will of William Reeves and age approximate from children's dates of birth.
Death: 1806, Granville County, North Carolina
Death Source: Will of 7 Feb 1797 proved Aug 1806, Granville County NC Will Book 6, p294
Spouse1: Robert Hicks, m. c1745
- Sarah Hicks, b. 3 Oct 1746, m. Thomas Bell
- Abigail Hicks, b. 15 Dec 1748, m. William Yancey
- Elizabeth "Betsy" Hicks, b. 1750-1760
- Faithy Hicks, b. 20 Nov 1751 - may have died as a child
- Thomas Hicks, b. 25 Dec 1753, m. Constance Parham Hester
- Lucretia Hicks, b. c1755 m. Robert Boyd, Rowland Jordan and John Locke
- Robert B. Hicks, b. c1759 (aka Robert B. Hicks, Jr.), m. Sarah Raven
- Isaac Hicks, b. c1760, m. Elizabeth Hines
The will of Robert Hicks, made April 15, 1788, proved May Court, 1792.
Robert Hicks, Sr., wills to my daughter, Abagail Yancy, a large looking glass, all pictures and maps, silver tankard, 6 large silver spoons now in my possession provided that Thomas Hicks never marries, and also 40 pounds, in hands of Robert Hicks, Jr., also my coopers tools; also all household goods and furniture to my wife Sarah Hicks for her lifetime, and then to my daughter Betsey Hicks the bed and bedstead and all the furniture called her bed, cotton and flax wheels, 2 pair cotton cards, a Negro slave; and to my wife a horse also; to daughter Lucretia Lock and Betsey Hicks, 5 pounds each in the hands of Robert Hicks, Jr. to Abagail Cooper and Luty White, 20 pounds each. Execut: Thornton Yancey, John Young. Wit: Elizabeth Yancey, Wiley Yancey. Inventory, August term 1792, Robert Hicks, Sr., deceased, by Sarah Hicks, Adinstr.
1751 Will of William Reeves, Sr.
1788 Will of Robert Hicks, Granville County, NC, WB 2, p290-291
1797 Will of Sarah Hicks, Granville County, NC, WB 6, p294
North Carolina, Marriage Records, 1741-2011, online database at Ancestry.com (marriage of daughter Elizabeth)