Mother: Mrs. Rebecca Gaskill Huber
Birth: 6 February 1778, New Jersey
Death: 23 February 1849, Putnam County, Indiana
Death Source: 1850 Census and Mortality Schedule Putnam County, Indiana
Spouse1: Sarah Lawrence on 4 Feb 1802 in Mason County, Kentucky
- Rebecca Reeves, b. 02 Nov 1802, d. 19 Mar 1868, m. Solomon J. Scott on 23 Dec 1818. Rebecca died in Clinton Co., MO, and Solomon in Grayson Co., TX.
- Elizabeth Reeves, b. November 1803, d. abt. 1855
- Lewis J. Reeves, b. 1806, d. aft. 1870
- John A. Reeves, Sr., b. 23 January 1808, d. 04 September 1881
- Mary "Polly" Reeves, b. c 1810, d. abt. 1875, m. Thomas Newton on 23 Jul 1831
- Samuel G. Reeves, b. 1813, d. bef. 1887
- George Reeves
- James Reeves, b. abt. 1816, d. bef. 1887
- Maria Reeves, b. 19 December 1819, d. 17 October 1884
- Stacy Lawrence Reeves, b. 20 Sep 1820, d. 27 Dec 1888
On 1 Feb 1802 in Mason County, Kentucky, Gilbert Laurence signed a consent for his daughter Sarah to marry Stace Reeves. Witnesses were Jacob Youngman and John Dicks.
On February 12, 1812 Stacy Reeves was appointed a justice of the peace by Governor Scott. On March 23 he was appointed commissioner of the tax within the bounds of Captain David Reese's Company of Militia. In 1813 he served for Captain William Smith's Company and in 1817 and 1818 for Captain Thomas Reese's Company.
On January 27, 1834 Stacy Reeves was commissioned Sheriff of this Mason County and with Thomas G Tupmen, John Cooper, Isaac Cooper, James C Coons, John Colvin, Lewis Reeves and Wm H Lacy as his securities.
On June 5, 1838 Stacy and his wife Sarah deeded to Campbell County 60 acres of land on the "West side of the state road leading from Newport to Alexandria and near the Town of Alexandria at the price of $6 per acre for the purpose of establishing a poor house".
Source: Historian Margaret Strebel Hartman at
Weik's History of Putnam County, Indiana
1810 Census - Campbell County, Kentucky