Mother: Margaret Gillot
Birth: 4 June 1567
Birth Source: Parish Registers
Death: c 27 Oct 1634
Death Source: Reliques of the Rives
Spouse1: Ann Burley
- George Ryves, b. c1588
- Margaret Ryves, bap. 8 June 1591; m. Leonard Welsted
- John Ryves, bap. at E. C, 8 April 1592
- Millicent Ryves, b. c1594; m. John Foyle, son and heir of John Foyle, of Shaftesbury.
- Richard Ryves, b. about 1597
- Robert Ryves, bap. at E. C, 6 Nov. 1599; d. 1635.
- Ann Ryves, b. about 1601 ; m. Ralph Stawell, who was created Lord Stawell.
- Elizabeth Ryves, bap. at E. C, 26 March 1606.
From Reliques of the Rives:
John Ryves, heir of Randleston, who was born 4 June 1567, according to the inq. p. m. (supra) of his father, was baptized at Ewerne Courtney 3 August 1567. He matriculated at Hart Hall, Oxford, 2 May 1581, "aged 15" (Foster), but apparently did not take his degree, as he proceeded to the Middle Temple where he was admitted 15 February 1582-3 as the "son and heir of Robert Ryves of Randleston, co. Dorset, gent." (Ingpen). He was made the executor of his brother, Robert Ryves, in 1596, and sold his estate at Lynch, in the Isle of Purbeck (inherited no doubt from his mother), 7 April 1624. His will is not extant but he would seem to have been the John Rives who was buried at Ewerne Courtney 27 October 1634. According to Hutchins, he married Ann Burley (buried at Ewerne Courtney 12 April 1609), daughter of George Burley, of Long Parish, co. Southampton, by whom he had: (see above).