Mother: Jane Brazile
Birth: 15 Dec 1786, Wilkes County, Georgia
Death: 4 Jun 1870, Gadsden County, FL
Spouse1: Elizabeth MNU
- Issac Newton Reeves, b. 13-Jun-1812, m. Mary
- James Harvey Reeves, b. 25-Nov-1813, Georgia, m. Nancy
- Joseph Allen Reeves, b. 02-Mar-1816, Georgia, m. 26-nov-1836, Mary Keenan, d. 12-dec-1860, bu. New Hope Cemetery, Leake County, Mississippi
- Nancy Reeves, b. 23-Feb-1817
WillisWilliam Milton Reeves, b. 08-Oct-1819, Georgia, m. 23-oct-1845, Elizabeth Arminta Bussey, Muscogee County, Georgia, d. 23-sep-1850, Columbus, Georgia
- Wiley M. Reeves, b. 02-May-1822, m. 03-dec-1848, Elizabeth Kent, Muscogee County, Georgia
- William Jay Reeves, b. 18-Nov-1824
- Dr. John Woods Reeves, b. 12-Feb-1827, Georgia, m. 03-Dec-1848, Caroline Gaulden, Muscogee County, Georgia
- Henry Sanders Reeves, b. 20-Oct-1832, Georgia, m. 20-Feb-1869, Margaret Taylor, d. 09-Jun-1885, Gadsden County, Florida
- Mary Ann Elizabeth Reeves, b. 10-Dec-1837
- Raban Hayes Reeves, b. 08-Jan-1840
- Benjamin Franklin Reeves, b. 12-Feb-1843, d. 1846
Harriet E. Bedingfield to have been the wife of John T. Reeves, son of Jeremiah Reeves, as proposed by the Reeves Review II. John T. Reeves, 26-44 was recorded in Jasper County, Georgia in the 1820 census with a wife, 16-25 and 5 children under the age of 10 years old. Harriet E. Reeves, age 26-44, who appears to be a widow is recorded in that same 1820 census in Washington County with 2 male children under 10 years old.
The 1820 will of Timothy Rives, probated in Richland District SC in 1822, documents the identity of his son John Turner Rives. The will even addresses a suit against Timothy's estate brought by John Turner Rives' widow Harriet and leaves a legacy to James, the son of Harriett and John Turner Rives.
Additionally probate records of Baldwin County record the probate of the estate of Harriett E. Rives deceased in August of 1828, but Elizabeth the wife of John T. Reeves was still living in 1870 in Florida.
1840 Census - Chambers County, Alabama
1850 Census - Muscogee County, Georgia
1860 Census - Gadsden County, Florida
1870 Census - Gadsden County, Florida