Death: 23 Jul 1802
Spouse1: Keziah Brown, m. 18 Nov 1777
- Samuel Reeves, b. 3 Feb 1778, d. 20 Oct 1780
- Benjamin Reeves, b. 29 May 1779, d. 1 Apr 1844
- Sarah Reeves, b. 11 Mar 1781, d. 19 Sep 1783
- Rebecca Reeves, b. 20 Feb 1784, d. 30 Dec 1822
- Sibyl Reeves, b. 20 Feb 1786, d. 5 Jul 1852
- Thomas Reeves, b. 20 Apr 1788
- John Reeves, b. 24 Jun 1790, d. 29 Jan 1826
- David Reeves, b. 14 Feb 1793, d. 16 Mar 1871
- Charles Reeves, b. 26 Dec 1795, d. 25 Sep 1803
- George Reeves, b. 29 Apr 1799, d. 23 Sep 1799
Abstracts from the Samuel Mickle Diary contains the following entries:
26 Jul 1802 - Thos. Reeves brother of Joseph Reeves of Red Bank found dead in woods to day supposedly killed by lightning.
10 Dec 1806 - Keziah Reeves widow of Thos. and mother of Benjamin Reeves buried.
Benjamin and Keziah were appointed administrators of Thomas's estate on 2 Aug 1802 (Will Papers).
Keziah died 9 Dec 1806.
Divisions of land records describe "dividing the real estate late Thomas Reeves, deceased in the County of Gloucester, Between Rebecca Redgway, Sybil Reeves, John Reeves, David Reeves, and Benjamin Reeves, his heirs at law. In 1839, Benjamin & Abigail, David & Clara, Isaac & Sybil were all of Philadelphia and together sold some of the estate land to Samuel Davies Blythe.
An 1823 deed mentions land which Thomas's brother Arthur had from his father's will and gave to his wife in his own will. His brothers Joseph and Thomas Reeves were the executors. Thomas had died by the time of the deed and Joseph was left the sole executor to sell the land.
FamilySearch - New Jersey, County Marriages, 1682-1956
Death: Thomas Reeves Family Bible
1823 Deed - Joseph Reeves to Samuel Webb - Gloucester County, New Jersey, Deed Book LL, p417
Samuel Mickle Diary
Gloucester County, New Jersey Will Papers 2394H
Gloucester County, New Jersey Divisions of Land, pp. 2699-2724
1839 Deed - Benjamin & Abigail, David & Clara, Isaac & Sybil to Samuel Davies Blythe - Gloucester County, New Jersey Deed Book VVV, p173