Mother: Sarah MNU
Birth: 15 Sep 1784, North Carolina
Birth Source: Frederick Reeves Family Bible
Death: 19 Sep 1868, Walton County, Georgia
Death Source: Petition by Admin. of Estate of Frederick Reeves, Walton County GA
Spouse1: Permelia Parrott, m. 25 May 1820
- Frances Reeves, b. 12 May 1821, d. 13 Apr 1912
- Henry Newton Reeves, b. 2 Feb 1823.
- Jonathan Reeves, b. 2 Jul 1824
- Leatha Reeves, b. 7 Jan 1826, d. 21 Dec 1863
- William Parrott Reeves, b. 15 Oct 1828, d. 12 Mar 1848
- Andrew Jackson Reeves, b. 29 Jul 1829, d. 26 May 1907
- Colemon Reeves, b. 10 May 1832
- Jasper Reeves, b. 5 Jan 1834, d. 29 Dec 1862
- Charles Harris Reeves, b. 5 Dec 1835
- Abner Reeves, b. 6 Jan 1837, d. 21 Jul 1862
- Thompson Reeves, b. 1 Dec 1838, d. 10 Nov 1910
- Frederick Reeves, b. 4 Jun 1842
- Joseph F. Reeves, d. 4 Aug 1862 (Note - this child is not listed in either the 1850 or the 1860 census in Frederick Reeves' household. The death entry in the Bible was also entered at a much later date and is in a different handwriting. Joseph F. is probably the same person as Frederick, born 1842.)
Again in Pendleton County, the census of 1800 lists John Reeves' household as - Males - 4 under 10; 2 10-15; 2 16-25; 1 over 45 (total of 8 sons) Females - 1 under 10; 1 10-15; 1 16-25; 1 26-44.
John Reeves's wife is identified as Sarah in a Pendleton SC deed of 1804 which she signed relinquishing her dower right to land being sold by John Reeves to Benjamin Fuller as well as in the family Bible of Frederick Reeves.
Frederick Reeves also appears in the 1809 Tax Digest of Jackson County Georgia, p. 57, as "Rieves, Frederick," along with Thomas and John "Reeves", on same page.
In July of 1815 Frederick Reeves received a grant for 200 acres in Jackson County, Georgia.
By the 1820 census in Gwinnett County, Georgia, eight Reeves male individuals are found - John Reeves, 26-44; Frederick Reeves, 26-44; Jonathan Reeves, 26-44; Loftin Reeves, 26-44; Malachi Reeves, 26-44; Isaac Reeves, 16-25; Burgess Reeves, 16-25; and Thompson Reeves, 16-25. After 1850 when census records include place of birth, the older of these individuals list their birth place as North Carolina while the younger list South Carolina.
This page has the following file(s) attached:-
Thanks to TRP member Sylvia Dinkel for the attached copy of the Frederick Reeves Family Bible.
Georgia Land Grand online at Family Search
1820 Census - Gwinnett County, Georgia
1830 Census - Walton County, Georgia
1840 Census - Lindleys District, Walton County, Georgia
1850 Census - Walton County, Georgia
1860 Census - Walton County, Georgia
Petition by Admin. of Estate of Frederick Reeves, Walton County GA